DEPARTMENT: Product Team
REPORTS TO: Manager
We are looking for software development tester with a passion for what they do, and a passion for making the world a better place.
The PHIT (Personal Health and Information Technology) team at the Centre for Global eHealth Innovation is a group of biomedical engineers, computer scientists and hardware designers dedicated to developing technology innovations that connect patients with healthcare providers and improve their lives. As a part of University Health Network, we are a part of one of the most important medical research centres in North America.
Our team is smart, ambitious and passionate, and our work is driven by the desire to improve patients lives. Being in a research environment, we are able to concentrate on this goal without being distracted by short term profit motives, or keeping investors happy.
Every member of our tightly knit development team has full input into every stage of project architecture, design and implementation. We own our projects and build apps that have real, meaningful and measurable impact on sick people’s lives.
What we are looking for
Our current vacancies are for a software development tester. An ideal candidate would:
- Implement and execute test plans.
- Tracks quality assurance metrics and ensures the product runs as it should.
- Be familiar with the product design and its objectives.
- Report any problems or issues with the performance of the product to the Product Manager
- Generating reports and logging bugs in detail
Specific Educational Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in a software/technology related field is preferred, associates degree required.
- Must have at least 1-2 years of experience in a technology related environment; healthcare-related environment a plus.
- Has experience with the following:
- working with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins
- automated testing tools such as Protractor, Calabash
- knowledge of Bluetooth and smartphone devices
- mobile app development experience on iPhone and/or Android
- Should have a working knowledge of quality assurance methodologies.
- Must be goal-oriented and focused.
- Have great attention to detail
- Should possess good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Think outside the box and come up with use cases that may not be as obvious
- Ability to communicate to individuals with technical and non-technical knowledge
- Be comfortable working in a Scrum process
Of course, we keep an open mind, and encourage you to apply if you love technical challenges, and are motivated by improving people’s lives.
Some of our recent projects are showcased here:
How to apply!
To apply for this position, please submit a CV and cover letter to email@example.com.